Before proceeding to Enrol please read all our Policies, Procedures, Terms and Conditions.
Policies and Procedures
The list of links below gives you access to all of our Policies, Procedures, terms and Conditions to guide you along your journey with ATOD.
- Student Work Placement Information Package
- Studio Work Placement Information Package
- Checklist of Resources
- Refund procedure
- Vocational Placement general
- Appeals process for students assessment marks
- Access, equity, privacy procedure
- RPL credit transfer
- Audition Requirements for CUA30320 and CUA40320
- Studio Declaration of enrolment into examination
Please review the Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Why we collect your personal information
As a registered training organisation (RTO), we collect your personal information so we can process and manage your enrolment in a vocational education and training (VET) course with us.
Should you choose to not provide your personal details we may not be able to enrol you as a student.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to enable us to deliver VET courses to you, and otherwise, as needed, to comply with our obligations as an RTO.
How we disclose your personal information
We are required by law (under the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011(Cth) (NVETR Act)) to disclose the personal information we collect about you to the National VET Data Collection kept by the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER). The NCVER is responsible for collecting, managing, analysing and communicating research and statistics about the Australian VET sector.
We are also authorised by law (under the NVETR Act) to disclose your personal information to the relevant state or territory training authority.
ATOD do not intend to provide your details to anyone overseas unless the student is an overseas based student. We will provide details to your school or the studio who may be supporting your studies. Obviously overseas based students will have their studio/school based overseas and only their data will be sent to their studio/school.
How the NCVER and other bodies handle your personal information
The NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the law, including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the NVETR Act. Your personal information may be used and disclosed by NCVER for purposes that include populating authenticated VET transcripts; administration of VET; facilitation of statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage; and understanding the VET market.
The NCVER is authorised to disclose information to the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment (DESE), Commonwealth authorities, State and Territory authorities (other than registered training organisations) that deal with matters relating to VET and VET regulators for the purposes of those bodies, including to enable:
- administration of VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation
- facilitation of statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information.
The NCVER may also disclose personal information to persons engaged by NCVER to conduct research on NCVER’s behalf.
The NCVER does not intend to disclose your personal information to any overseas recipients.
If you would like to seek access to or correct your information, in the first instance, please contact your RTO using the contact details listed below.
DESE is authorised by law, including the Privacy Act and the NVETR Act, to collect, use and disclose your personal information to fulfil specified functions and activities. For more information about how the DESE will handle your personal information, please refer to the DESE VET Privacy Notice at https://www.dese.gov.au/national-vet-data/vet-privacy-notice.
You may receive a student survey which may be run by a government department or an NCVER employee, agent, third-party contractor or another authorised agency. Please note you may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
At any time, you may contact ATOD to:
- request access to your personal information
- correct your personal information
- make a complaint about how your personal information has been handled
- ask a question about this Privacy Notice
Contact email@example.com to make a request
Access to the ATOD privacy notice can be found at the bottom of the ATOD web site https://www.atod.net.au
The students’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying a mentor studio who is willing to provide you dance pupils to teach and video
- Undertaking all training and assessment as identified in the portal
- Working with ATOD and the studio to achieve competence in required skills
- Adhering to student handbook requirements/procedures and studio procedures
- Requesting of studio mentor, a time to train dance pupils on an ongoing basis to develop dance teaching skills and to have minimal access to pupils of approximately 10-year old’s + with experience of dancing 3-5 years. Teaching elements of warm up, a small sequence and cool down (not full lessons) while under supervision for the purpose of video evidence. (Please note pre-dance does not meet the required level to teach in this qualification for assessment purposes of this unit. Dance pupils must be learning basic techniques in a genre)
The studio’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing skills development by providing tasks that relate to the units of competency within the qualification
- Provide ongoing opportunities for teaching any level of dance over the period of this student’s study.
- Provide as a minimum limited opportunity to teach pupils of approximately 10-year old’s + with experience of dancing 3-5 years.Teaching elements of warm up, a small sequence and cool down (not full lessons) while under supervision for the purpose of video evidence. (Please note pre-dance does not meet the required level to teach in this qualification for assessment purposes of this unit. Dance pupils must be learning basic techniques in a genre)
- Providing training and assessment in accordance with a Training and Assessment plan
- Working with the RTO and student to support the achievement of competence in required skills
- Notifying the RTO and student regarding any issues that may affect successful completion of the student
- Explaining and offering Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and credit transfer to the student where appropriate
- Updating ATOD with the competencies gained by the student as per the agreement
ATOD’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Notifying the student, studio and the state training authority regarding any issues that may affect successful completion of the student
- Providing the studio and the student with details of how they access ATOD’s training and assessment dispute mechanism
- Updating the policies and procedures required of students and studios and providing ongoing support in the use and understanding of these
- Updating the student management system with competencies achieved and uploading to the State Training Authorities as required
- Maintaining records of student assessments throughout the student’s enrolment and outcomes as required by legislation.
- Developing and maintaining units and undertaking validation of qualifications
- Maintaining the quality of training to enable students to achieve competencies as defined by industry and required for further employment
- Issue Qualifications and Statements of Attainment in accordance with Australian Qualifications Framework for competencies students have achieved
Terms and Conditions ATOD distance students
- I understand the course fees include all relevant study materials and two assessment attempts. I am expected to progress through training with ½ the units being completed within the first year. Where progress through ½ of the units by the end of 12 months is not completed, I am deemed as having attempted half the assessments without achieving competency. This will then count as one of the two aforementioned attempts
- I understand specialist Workshops may have additional fees.
- I understand notifying ATOD of cancelling or withdrawing from the course prior to the end of the enrolment, I will receive a refund in line with the current refund policy
- I have read and understood the fees and refund policy, the appeals policy and the student handbook found on atod.net.au I agree to abide by the policies and procedures within those handbooks including those ramifications should they not be followed.
- I understand that terms and conditions change from time to time, I will be notified via email and via my portal. Continuing my training seven days past deliver of the email and any upload to the portal will be deemed as accepting the change to the terms and conditions
- I understand that should I not complete the course of study within 2 years of my initial enrolment, I will receive one (1) extension of 6 months free of charge and may purchase a further 6 months.
- I understand if I have not made contact with ATOD regarding my continued enrolment when notified the course enrolment is ceasing, I will be withdrawn from studies with no refund available on the 3-year anniversary of the original enrolment.
- I understand I am enrolling in an accredited course and my qualifications and/or statement of attainment will be issued by Australian Teachers of Dancing (ATOD) RTO number 31624
- I consent to the collection, use and disclosure of my personal information in accordance with the Privacy Notice found on this page.
- I agree to discussions being held regarding my competencies between the studio/school, ATOD and VET related bodies and as per the privacy notice attached
- I understand my image will not be used by ATOD unless a specific release is obtained. Any use by the studio is an agreement between the studio and the student/guardian.
- I understand I am required to source and pay for my own first aid certificate and it must be in date with a valid CPR at the time I complete my studies. First aid only remains current when CPR is current.
- I understand I am required to have completed any prerequisite requirements AND satisfactorily completing an appropriate level dance exam or completed the audition process for entry
- I understand I am required to locate and identify a mentor studio who will take on the responsibilities listed in the responsibilities document and mentor package and provide me access to dance pupils to teach/video and of the required experience as specified in the units and mentor packages. In circumstances where the original relationship breaks down, I am responsible to find a new mentor studio.
- I understand I am permitted 2 attempts to any assessment task, further assessment attempts will attract a $30 additional fee
- I declare that the information I have provided to the best of my knowledge is true and correct. I am aware of the consequences that may arise from providing false, misleading or incomplete information, including the cancellation of my enrolment or the withdrawal of any offer made.
The total course cost shown below includes a non-refundable enrolment fee of $350, charged as part of your first payment plan instalment.
Certificate IV in Dance Teaching and Management ATOD Delivered course
|Rolling Enrolments throughout the Year||2 Years||Online Distance Education||$3650|
|23AT40320||ATOD head office||$3,650.00|
ADMINISTRATION AND ENQUIRIES
Head Office: Suite 12, 3990 Pacific Highway, Loganholme QLD 4129
Mail: PO BOX 3005 Loganholme QLD 4129
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 9.00am – 4.00pm (EST)
1800 106 227 (if calling within Australia)
+61 7 32002198 (if calling from overseas or mobile)
Company Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
RTO (no. 31624)
© 2023 ATOD | RTO (no. 31624)