WELCOME TO ATOD TRAINING THROUGH DELIVERY PARTNERS
Congratulations on choosing Australian Teachers of Dancing to embark on or further your dance career. We, along with our delivery partners, are excited to be able to help you to dream big and reach your full potential.
Formal qualifications obtained through ATOD will take you to the next level of success, support you through your progress and ensure you gain the skills to become a successful dance professional.
There are some important procedures and information related to your enrolment with us that you need to be aware of.
ATOD and your studio are two separate entities. You have chosen to undertake delivery of your studies through an organisation which uses ATOD products to ensure that your training meets legislative requirements.
The studio you have chosen has its own policies and procedures and terms and conditions which you will have agreed to.
The ATOD Policies and Procedures and Terms and Conditions are listed below. It is important that you take the time to read and understand these documents.
1. Terms and Conditions: Accept the Terms and Conditions of your enrolment and you will be directed to a page where you will find the course code that our partner has provided for you.
2. Course Code: Click on the course code and complete the details for your enrolment including uploading your documents. Please make sure that you have your USI driver’s license / birth certificate, visa or citizenship documents if born overseas. If you are a high school student, ensure that you have your student identification number.
3. Confirmation of Enrolment: When you have completed your application form, you will receive an email confirmation that your enrolment has been received. You will receive a confirmation welcome letter and be issued with a password for accessing your materials when your enrolment has been processed and accepted. Please note that this might take up to two working days.
ATOD understands that all course codes look similar. If, by chance, you applied for an enrolment into the wrong course, simply notify your studio. They will advise us and we will move your enrolment to the correct course.
READ AND ACCEPT THE POLICIES, PROCEDURES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Policies and Procedures
The list of links below gives you access to all of our policies and procedures to guide you along your journey with ATOD.
Please review and accept these Terms and Conditions (below) before proceeding to enrol.
Terms and Conditions
Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012 Australian Teachers of Dancing Limited is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Your personal information (including the personal information contained on this enrolment form), may be used or disclosed by Australian Teachers of Dancing Limited for statistical, administrative, regulatory and research purposes Australian Teachers of Dancing Limited may disclose your personal information for these purposes to:
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies; and
Personal information that has been disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed by NCVER for the following purposes:
- populating authenticated VET transcripts;
- facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage;
- pre-populating RTO student enrolment forms;
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
- administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
You may receive a student survey which may be administered by a government department or NCVER employee, agent or third-party contractor or other authorised agencies. Please note you may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the National VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at www.ncver.edu.au).
The students’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Undertaking all training and assessment as identified in the training plan
- Working with ATOD and the studio to achieve competence in required skills
- Adhering to student handbook requirements/procedures
The studio’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing skill development by providing tasks that relate to the units of competency within the qualification
- Providing training and assessment in accordance with a Training Plan
- Working with the RTO and student to support the achievement of competence in required skills
- Notifying the RTO and student regarding any issues that may affect successful completion of the student
- Explaining and offering Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and credit transfer to the student where appropriate
ATOD’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Notifying the student, studio and the state training authority regarding any issues that may affect successful completion of the student
- Providing the studio and the student with details of how they access ATOD’s training and assessment dispute mechanism
- Updating the policies and procedures required of students and studios and providing ongoing support in the use and understanding of these
- Updating the student management system with competencies achieved and uploading to the State Training Authorities as required
- Maintaining records of student assessments throughout the student’s enrolment and outcomes as required by legislation.
Application for Recognition Of Prior Learning (RPL) can be made through discussing the option with the studio and RTO Compliance for necessary requirements.
The course fee quoted by the studio will include all relevant study materials and all assessment fees other than resubmission or specialist seminars/workshops. Where a student is required to participate in a performance to complete assessment, this fee will be provided in that quote.
For student enrolling in the Certificate IV Dance Teaching and Management course, students must hold a current first aid certificate at the time of completion and must have completed the equivalent of an elementary/Gold Bar in their chosen Genre of Dance. On successful completion of the practical examination students will be able to apply for Associate Membership with ATOD
The studio on the student’s behalf undertakes payment of this course under a formal agreement between the studio and ATOD. Should the studio and ATOD’s agreement cease for any reason the student will be provided with a statement of attainment for any units where the marking has been completed by the authorized trainer at the time the agreement ceases. The studio will receive your statements for issuing to the student in line with the terms and conditions between the student and the studio. It will be the studio’s responsibility to complete your accredited training with another registered training organisation in this situation. Where the student makes contact with ATOD, ATOD will be able to provide names of other studios that may be willing to complete your accredited training.
Refunds to the student for their training are contained in the terms and conditions or the refund policies of the studio. Students must have received and reviewed these prior to agreeing to the studio to provide the training.
Studios are prevented from charging or accepting pre-payment from any student undertaking accredited training of more than $1500. Studios will have a preapproved policy for their charges. Students who feel they have been requested or have paid more than this amount are encouraged to contact ATOD to discuss.
I declare that the information I have provided to the best of my knowledge is true and correct. I am aware of the consequences that may arise from providing false, misleading or incomplete information, including the cancellation of my enrolment or the withdrawal of any offer made.
I understand I am enrolling in an accredited course and my qualifications and/or statement of attainment will be issued by Australian Teachers of Dancing (ATOD) RTO number 31624. All qualifications/statement of attainment will be forwarded to the studio to forward on to the student following all student fees being paid.
I have read and understood the above information, the fees and refund policy, the appeals policy and the student handbook of the studio. I agree to abide by the policies and procedures within those handbooks including those ramifications should they not be followed. ATOD can only be involved in appeals and only upon the studios process being completed. The student could be responsible for additional costs for an additional assessor to evaluate the appeal.
I consent to the collection, use and disclosure of my personal information in accordance with the attached Privacy Notice
I agree to discussions being held regarding my competencies between the studio/school, ATOD and vet related bodies
I agree to copies of my correspondence and qualifications being supplied to the studio
I understand I am entering into a contract with the studio to deliver the training and assessment. ATOD is limited in their abilities to interfere in the daily activities of the studio, the delivery requirements of the units and the ATOD studio agreement. For example, where a student is of school age, any agreement to undertake full time study is purely between the studio and the student/guardian.
I understand all complaints regarding the studio or training should first be raised with the studio. ATOD can assist in the investigation of any complaints but only in relation to the delivery of accredited training/ RTO legislation as far as possible given the solid evidence and in line with Natural Justice.
I understand my image will not be used by ATOD unless a specific release is obtained. Any use by the studio is an agreement between the studio and the student/guardian.
ADMINISTRATION AND ENQUIRIES
Unit 27, 20-22 Ellerslie Road, MEADOWBROOK QLD 4133
P O Box 565 Waterford QLD 4133
Monday – Friday 9.00am – 4.00pm (EST)
1800 106 227 (if calling within Australia)
+61 7 32002198 (if calling from overseas or mobile)
RTO (no. 31624)