Move forward with the Complete Jazz Class Syllabus
Levels 1 – 12 Performance Award
A.T.O.D. Ltd have developed a unique approach to educating our students in a classroom environment. Jazz is a continually changing and evolving genre encompassing many styles such as Broadway, Musical Theatre, Hip Hop, Funk and Lyrical to name a few.
Our new and innovative system of training encompasses all styles from foundation Jazz to the very latest moves. The focus and continuity of the jazz class and the training and development of your students does not need to change in order to prepare students for examinations. This is the Complete Jazz Class Syllabus!
- incorporates, but is not limited to, a comprehensive warm-up, stretches, floor and corner work, turns, kicks and jumps, historical steps, up to the minute moves, combinations, progressions and dances
- progresses systematically and builds strength, energy and attack
- is designed to technically develop students to individually reach their full potential, whether on a recreational, professional or teaching level
- is designed to enhance individual creativity with student choreography and improvisation included in major levels
- includes teachers own choreography or the opportunity to use the set dances provided
- includes levels 1-12 and a Performance Award
- includes introductory notes, including history and terminology
- includes extensive teaching notes, including an anatomical glossary and index
- includes the use of a cane, hat, chair, chorus shoes and more!
The Syllabus was created by the Jazz Moves Core Committee with the first 9 levels released in 2007.
The Core Committee included Paul Malek, founder and artistic director of ‘Collaboration – The Project’. Paul is a graduate of the Victorian College of the Arts Secondary School, with extensive training in various genres of dance. His professional career has seen him travel the world as a performer, dance captain or rehearsal director for such companies as Disney, Norwegian Cruise Lines, Jean-Ann Ryan Productions and P&O Cruises.
This work has been widely acclaimed both in Australia and overseas. Hold onto your seats – the work is amazing!! Come and enjoy Paul’s energetic and refreshing style of teaching.