Primary – Advanced
The main aim of this syllabus is to introduce teachers and students to the wondrous and amazing culture and history of other countries through dance and music. The syllabus progresses systematically through each grade. It includes building blocks and strategies to teach correct technique and to assist in developing strength, control, knowledge, musicality and artistry. The music has been played by Mary Robinson, Graduate of the Queensland Conservatoire.
- includes comprehensive teaching notes to introduce teachers and students to authentic steps from various countries with emphasis on technical awareness and placement
- includes set enchainements and dances of many nationalities
- incorporates partner and pattern work
- is designed to technically develop students to individually reach their full potential, whether on a recreational, professional or teaching level
- is designed to enhance and increase teachersâ€™ and studentsâ€™ knowledge of this amazing genre
- includes barre, centre, enchainements and dances
- includes gender specific enchainements
- includes step variations for teacherâ€™s own choreographic purposes.
The Syllabus was created by the National Character Core Committee, including teachers and examiners of A.T.O.D.
One of the Core Committee Members included Rhonda Sayer, former member of the Queensland Ballet Company. Rhonda was a dancer with the Margaret Walkerâ€™s Dance Concert Character Company and completed the Teacherâ€™s Course in Character Dance. She co-founded the Australian Folkloric Inc. In 1971.
Rhonda performed in the First World Folkloric Festival in Munich, Germany, in 1983, and in Majorca, Spain, in 1985. She continues her involvement in Character Dance and is committed to passing on her knowledge to others.
Inspire your students with this exciting work!