CONTEMPORARY/MODERN SYLLABUS LEVELS 1 – 8
After many requests from teachers ATOD is excited to release this innovative and carefully structured contemporary/modern system of training. Industry professional Adam Wheeler was commissioned to review our current systems of training and, in conjunction with other industry professionals, create a well structured training program suitable for inclusion in main stream dance studios. He has done that and more – he brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the work and is excited to share this with like minded teachers.
Be sure to offer your students the best chance at being prepared for audition classes and maximising their potential future dance opportunities by introducing contemporary training in your curriculum. Musical accompaniment is original Music composed by Alisdair Macindoe.
- progresses systematically and is structured for students from 9/10 years of age with classical ballet training
- provides a solid base for potential future work in dance companies
- supports students’ development in other genres of dance
- includes comprehensive teaching notes on the technical aspects and attributes of each exercise and movement
- incorporates, but is not limited to, warm up, stretches, floorwork, articulation of limbs, turns, travelling and jumps
- is designed to technically develop students to individually reach their full potential, whether on a recreational, professional or teaching level
- includes accompanying DVD with voice over instruction as a teaching aid.