Congratulations on choosing ATOD to embark on or further your dance career. We are excited to be able to help you to dream big and reach your full potential.
Formal qualifications obtained through ATOD will take you to the next level of success, support you through your progress and ensure you gain the skills to become a successful dance professional.
1. Enrol: When you decide to enrol with us, you can complete your application starting below. The policies and procedures that you will see in the links are very important for your decision making process. You should peruse these prior to your enrolment. The Terms and Conditions are also listed below. You must accept these before your enrolment can proceed.
2. Payment Plan: Once you have accepted the Terms and Conditions, select the course you are interested in studying and choose your payment option. You will receive an email confirmation following completion of your chosen payment plan. Follow the steps in that email to proceed.
3. Application Form: When you have completed your payment plan, proceed to the application and complete your details. On submission, you will receive a email confirming your enrolment application has been received and will be processed shortly. Correct completion and submission of your enrolment paperwork is necessary to ensure that staff have all of the information required to proceed with your enrolment.
4. Confirmation of Enrolment: You will receive a confirmation welcome letter and be issued with a password for accessing your materials when your enrolment has been processed and accepted. Please note that this might take up to two working days.
5. Learner Platform: Once your enrolment is confirmed and you have received all of your login information, you will need to orientate yourself with the learner app and online learning platform. Here you will find study guides, templates, assessment materials and observation sheets.
6. Trainer Details: Following receipt of your confirmation welcome letter, you will be forwarded the contact details of your trainers. They will make contact with your within a month of your enrolment to introduce themselves. Your trainer is available throughout your learning journey and will contact you regularly to offer support. However you are encouraged to contact them to answer any questions you might have.
7. Completion of Course: When you have finished your course, you should contact your trainer to confirm your completion and fill out the “Request for Completion” document.
8. Qualification: You will receive a printed qualification/ statement of attainment when all materials have been confirmed as completed.
We are excited to be a part of your student journey. If you have any issues or concerns, contact rto@atod. net.au We will provide you with the information you are seeking, or direct you to the relevant person who may be able to assist you further. We look forward to providing your training and helping you to achieve your goals.
Further detailed information regarding this is available in your enrolment package and mentoring handbooks.
2020 Current payment structure for Dance Teaching qualifications
Current as of 17/09/2020
|Course code||Course title||Total costs||Due at enrolment|
Certificate III in Assistant Dance Teaching
Students must have satisfactorily completed the Gold Star or equivalent exam in any genre prior to enrolling or completed the audition process
Certificate IV in Dance Teaching and Management
The Elementary or equivalent exam in any genre is required to be completed before this qualification is completed or students must have satisfactorily completed the audition process
Certificate IV in Musical Theatre
This qualification has pre-requisites, which must be met prior to this enrolment progressing.
Diploma of Dance Teaching and Management
This qualification has pre-requisites, which must be met prior to this enrolment progressing.
|Enrolment into pre-requisites||$2050|
Diploma of Musical Theatre
Due to the legislative requirements and to protect all students, ATOD is prevented from taking full fee payments upfront. All students are placed on a 12-month payment plan. Students may pay out the outstanding debt should they complete the qualification prior to the 12 months.
ATOD offer standard monthly, fortnightly and weekly payment plans. Their Terms and Conditions are below. Students or the person responsible for payment will be required to provide their details including bank details. This information is retained and filed under password protection in the student’s files. We share this information with Ezypay only.
STEP 1 – READ AND ACCEPT THE POLICIES, PROCEDURES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Policies and Procedures
The list of links below gives you access to all of our policies and procedures to guide you along your journey with ATOD.
- The Student Journey
- Student Information Package
- Mentor Information Package
- Checklist of resources
- Refund procedure
- Vocational Placement general
- Vocational placement CUA30313
- Vocational placement CUA40313
- Appeals process for students assessment marks
- Access, equity, privacy procedure
- RPL credit transfer
- Pre-requisite requirements for entry
Please review and accept these Terms and Conditions (below) before proceeding to enrol.
Terms and Conditions
Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012 Australian Teachers of Dancing Limited is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Your personal information (including the personal information contained on this enrolment form), may be used or disclosed by Australian Teachers of Dancing Limited for statistical, administrative, regulatory and research purposes Australian Teachers of Dancing Limited may disclose your personal information for these purposes to:
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies; and
Personal information that has been disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed by NCVER for the following purposes:
- populating authenticated VET transcripts;
- facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage;
- pre-populating RTO student enrolment forms;
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
- administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
You may receive a student survey which may be administered by a government department or NCVER employee, agent or third-party contractor or other authorised agencies. Please note you may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the National VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at www.ncver.edu.au).
The students’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying a mentor studio who is willing to provide you dance pupils to teach and video
- Undertaking all training and assessment as identified in the portal
- Working with ATOD and the studio to achieve competence in required skills
- Adhering to student handbook requirements/procedures and studio procedures
- Requesting of studio mentor, a time to train dance pupils on an ongoing basis to develop dance teaching skills and to have minimal access to pupils of approximately 10-year old’s + with experience of dancing 3-5 years. Teaching elements of warm up, a small sequence and cool down (not full lessons) while under supervision for the purpose of video evidence. (Please note pre-dance does not meet the required level to teach in this qualification for assessment purposes of this unit. Dance pupils must be learning basic techniques in a genre)
The studio’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing skills development by providing tasks that relate to the units of competency within the qualification
- Provide ongoing opportunities for teaching any level of dance over the period of this student’s study.
- Provide as a minimum limited opportunity to teach pupils of approximately 10-year old’s + with experience of dancing 3-5 years. Teaching elements of warm up, a small sequence and cool down (not full lessons) while under supervision for the purpose of video evidence. (Please note pre-dance does not meet the required level to teach in this qualification for assessment purposes of this unit. Dance pupils must be learning basic techniques in a genre)
- Providing training and assessment in accordance with a Training and Assessment plan
- Working with the RTO and student to support the achievement of competence in required skills
- Notifying the RTO and student regarding any issues that may affect successful completion of the student
- Explaining and offering Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and credit transfer to the student where appropriate
- Updating ATOD with the competencies gained by the student as per the agreement
ATOD’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Notifying the student, studio and the state training authority regarding any issues that may affect successful completion of the student
- Providing the studio and the student with details of how they access ATOD’s training and assessment dispute mechanism
- Updating the policies and procedures required of students and studios and providing ongoing support in the use and understanding of these
- Updating the student management system with competencies achieved and uploading to the State Training Authorities as required
- Maintaining records of student assessments throughout the student’s enrolment and outcomes as required by legislation.
- Developing and maintaining units and undertaking validation of qualifications
- Maintaining the quality of training to enable students to achieve competencies as defined by industry and required for further employment
- Issue Qualifications and Statements of Attainment in accordance with Australian Qualifications Framework for competencies students have achieved
Terms and Conditions ATOD distance students
- I understand the course fees include all relevant study materials and two assessment attempts. I am expected to progress through training with ½ the units being completed within the first year. Where progress through ½ of the units by the end of 12 months is not completed, I am deemed as having attempted half the assessments without achieving competency. This will then count as one of the two aforementioned attempts
- I understand specialist Workshops may have additional fees.
- I understand notifying ATOD of cancelling or withdrawing from the course prior to the end of the enrolment, I will receive a refund less an administrative fee of $500.
- I have read and understood the fees and refund policy, the appeals policy and the student handbook found on atod.net.au I agree to abide by the policies and procedures within those handbooks including those ramifications should they not be followed.
- I understand that terms and conditions change from time to time, I will be notified via email and via my portal. Continuing my training seven days past deliver of the email and any upload to the portal will be deemed as accepting the change to the terms and conditions
- I understand that should I not complete the course of study within 2 years of my initial enrolment, I will receive one (1) extension of 6 months free of charge. Any further extension requested is $250 per 6-month extension to cover administration costs associated with movement to another course offer. Furthermore, I understand that any extension made may increase the assessment work I am required to complete due to changes made by industry. These changes may attract additional fees but will be capped at the current unit charge
- I understand if I have not made contact with ATOD regarding my continued enrolment when notified the course enrolment is ceasing, I will be withdrawn from studies with no refund available on the 3-year anniversary of the original enrolment or one month post the last purchased extension ending.
- I understand maintaining enrolment through purchased extensions is my responsibility. ATOD is not responsible to notify me my purchased enrolment is coming to an end though every effort will be made to contact you via the email address on your enrolment of it ceasing.
- I understand I am enrolling in an accredited course and my qualifications and/or statement of attainment will be issued by Australian Teachers of Dancing (ATOD) RTO number 31624
- I consent to the collection, use and disclosure of my personal information in accordance with the Privacy Notice found on this page.
- I agree to discussions being held regarding my competencies between the studio/school, ATOD and VET related bodies and as per the privacy notice attached
- I understand my image will not be used by ATOD unless a specific release is obtained. Any use by the studio is an agreement between the studio and the student/guardian.
- I understand I am required to source and pay for my own first aid certificate and it must be in date with a valid CPR at the time I complete my studies. First aid only remains current when CPR is current.
- I understand I am required to have completed any prerequisite requirements AND satisfactorily completing an appropriate level dance exam or completed the audition process for entry
- I understand I am required to locate and identify a mentor studio who will take on the responsibilities listed in the responsibilities document and mentor package and provide me access to dance pupils to teach/video and of the required experience as specified in the units and mentor packages. In circumstances where the original relationship breaks down I am responsible to find a new mentor studio.
- I understand I am permitted 2 attempts to any assessment task, further assessment attempts will attract a $30 additional fee
- I declare that the information I have provided to the best of my knowledge is true and correct. I am aware of the consequences that may arise from providing false, misleading or incomplete information, including the cancellation of my enrolment or the withdrawal of any offer made.
ADMINISTRATION AND ENQUIRIES
Unit 27, 20-22 Ellerslie Road, MEADOWBROOK QLD 4133
P O Box 565 Waterford QLD 4133
Monday – Friday 9.00am – 4.00pm (EST)
1800 106 227 (if calling within Australia)
+61 7 32002198 (if calling from overseas or mobile)
RTO (no. 31624)